It was created in 1960 and held its I Ordinary Meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1961, summoned by the Secretariats of the International Social Security Association and the Inter-American Permanent Committee on occasion of the Seventh Regional Conference of the American States, members of the International Labor Organization.Objetives:
This Commission is basically in charge of providing technical support for:
- Preparing financial-actuarial projects and models.
- Implementing new mechanisms and strategies that generate options for solving the financial-actuarial problems faced by social security in the continent.
- Suggesting options to solve technical problems faced by social security institutions.
- Encouraging financial-actuarial development by promoting education and research at national and regional level.
- Circulating financial-actuarial information and reforms to pension systems.